New Premier, new legislative session, new features on OntarioMonitor.ca
Wednesday, February 13th 2013 9:20:12am
(February 13, 2013, Toronto, ON) Just in time for Premier Wynne’s debut in the Legislature, OntarioMonitor.ca is announcing new features and a free three-week trial for new users.
OntarioMonitor.ca provides keyword-based monitoring of Ontario Legislature activities. It allows users to easily monitor material from Question Period at Queen’s Park based on issues and topics specific to each user. Relevant material from the day’s Question Period is distributed to users via email to your smartphone the moment Hansard is published online.
The functionality and price of OntarioMonitor.ca means that journalists, companies, NGOs, trade associations, agencies and commissions of any size can painlessly monitor issues at the Ontario Legislature on a daily basis at a fraction of the cost and effort of the “old style” of access.
The service is useful not only for Question Period, but throughout the legislative calendar. It provides automated updates on bill changes and all ministry media releases.
Why use OntarioMonitor.ca ?
• Hansard instant notification - alerts are sent when your selected keywords are mentioned in the Legislature/Question Period (e.g. "climate change"): who said it, when, the full context and more.
• Bill Changes - instant notifications of changes to bills that you care about (e.g. "Bill 6 passed second reading").
• New Bills - instant notification when new bills are introduced, bill details and more.
• Speed - notifications are sent within minutes of becoming official and available.
• Smartphone/BlackBerry/iPhone - notifications are sent to you in a format that’s easy to read on your phone.
New for 2013, OntarioMonitor.ca has launched the following additional features:
• Ministry Press Releases - receive notification and full text of ministry press releases with your selected keywords highlighted.
• New dashboard - allows alerts to be modified at any time.
• Royal proclamations - know when sections of acts become law
You can explore the full functionality and labour-saving benefits of OntarioMonitor.ca at the website and a trial version is available for your consideration.
The software developer behind OntarioMonitor.ca , Addy Cameron-Huff, is an award winning programmer, having won competitions in Canada and the United States (run by Yahoo!, TechCrunch and PayPal). While at the University of Waterloo, he developed political organizing software for a US presidential candidate.
Follow OntarioMonitor.ca on Twitter: @ontariomonitor
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
Michael Zupanic, Environmental Communication Options
E: email@example.com | P: 416-972-7404